Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Earthquake

So we just had a little shaky shaky going on. The kids were eating lunch and I was nursing Cora when I felt a little tremor... I thought... oh it must be the train or a semi (yeah our street is that peaceful)... then we got a REALLY good jolt. Enough for the kids to notice. Lyla says to me... "Mom.. I was sitting there and now Im sitting here"

Really I am not the best at this whole earthquake thing... even though we get little ones here and there I am never quick enough to get under cover. By the time my brain registers it is an earthquake it is usually over. So the kids and I just sit there... thinking it is a semi rumbling by. Quite the brave, courageous, protectant mother I am.

It was a 4.7 and 15 miles from Anchorage. The online info said they do not expect a tsunami from it. Hmmm... comforting.

3 comments:

  1. you guys lead the most adventurous life!!! Volcanoes, earthquakes...
    Seriously!! Hope you're all doing well and haven't been too shaken..or stirred:)
    Love ya!
    Jaime

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog, TMac!

    I haven't heard from you and haven't seen beautiful Ms. Lyla. Give me a call SOON!

    Alana

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Aunt Jaime... haha. I'll take it shaken or stirred... as long as it involves olives, a swanky atmosphere, and Ella. And does not involve children!

    @Alana... good to talk to you. You will see Lyla soon... keep an eye on her for me:)

    ReplyDelete